Duration :1 Minute
This is a great exercise for patients who suffer from lumbar disc injuries… it helps most in the morning, when the discs have the most water in them.
- Get on all fours, knees behind the hips.
- Allow your belly to drop out to the floor, and look up to the ceiling. This is EXTENSION, something (almost) every lumbar disc loves.
- Hold this position for three to four seconds.
- Then, begin to arch your back.
- Hold this position for one to two seconds.
Remember, the downward motion Picture (#2)is the important one. Focus on relaxing into this position most.